advert banner 

Amstel 
Yudala 

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Why I’m separated from my husband –Temidayo Ekson

Fast rising actress and mother of four, Temidayo Ekson, has been through a lot, courtesy of her failed marriage. In a chat with Saturday Beats, the actress explained what led to her separation from her husband and how she has been coping with her four children.
She said, “From the outset, I have always wanted to get married to a man I love with all my life. We got married and had kids but marriage is not a bed of roses. I put in everything needed to make the marriage work and I made up my mind to quit acting. Before I got married, I was into modelling but I also quit the modelling gig because I saw my estranged husband as a jealous person. It is just the grace of God that kept me all through the period because I went through hell.
“I did not enjoy my marriage; I endured it instead. If I had wanted to leave my marriage earlier or I had made up my mind not to live under his roof, I would not have had four children for a man. I never said I was tired or fed up about the marriage. Despite the challenges and everything that came our way, I still stood  by him because they say behind every successful man is a woman. I put in everything needed to make the marriage work, I stopped going for parties, I did not have friends, I was a chorister in church but he withdrew me from the choir and I agreed just to keep my home. I just wanted him to be happy at all cost but he did not know my worth; neither did he appreciate me.


“I tried everything to make it work and God is my witness. I wanted my marriage to be a testimony so that when people asked me, I would tell them it was through perseverance but that was not my luck. In 2007, we had a clash and we separated for a while. That was when I met my boss in the movie industry.  When my husband came back, I had my last born in 2009 but after then, things became so unbearable for me. He sent me and my four children packing. It has not been easy but I thank God. We did not part ways because of acting. If I wanted to, I would have started acting from the minute we got married but I respected my husband. When he left me, I felt it was an opportunity for me to go ahead with my acting because it is something that I love to do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment